Baker Concrete
www.bakerconcrete.com Monroe, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

The Best Concrete Contractor to work for, or have do work for you.

Decline to State (Current Employee)
Monroe, OH

I have been working at Baker Concrete

ProsWe are a well-respected industry leader.
Our founder, Dan Baker, is still very involved and seems to sincerely care about the well-being of his employees.
We are the largest concrete contractor in the country and construct a vary wide range of project types. Some of those types, such as football stadiums, high-rises, LNG tanks, etc., can be very technically challenging, pride-inducing, and rewarding.

ConsFew, and it would really depend on the individual as to what they were.
In some ways, the company maintains out-dated, rather than modern close-to-cutting-edge, practices.
I WOULD like to see our harrassment policy changed to go beyond what is strictly defined by the law as harrassment so as to define homosexuals as also being "protected" just like women, minorites, and religions are.
And no, I am not gay.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot really sure on this one....

Good if you're a Good Ole' Boy

Estimator (Former Employee)

I worked at Baker Concrete

Pros: Well, they have a pretty good reputation with clients in most parts of the country. And their… Cons: Overall, a company run in the mindset of the 1970's. And no, not all construction companies are naturally that way. If you're the right gender, have… Advice to Senior Management: What has worked fairly well for the past few decades is rotting away from the inside. You need to change your employee environment if you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Positive

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Baker Concrete full-time for less than a year

Pros: Hard working employees, good construction environment, task oriented Cons: Travel, hours can be lengthy Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Baker Concrete.

Worked for Baker Concrete? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Concrete reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Baker Concrete CEO Dan Baker. All reviews posted anonymously by Baker Concrete employees.