Baker Distributing
www.bakerdist.com Jacksonville, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work

Service Center Manager (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

ProsEasy computer system to learn and very good product line offering. Great customer retention also with great marketing backup. And great overall communication.

ConsCentral ordering through a distribution center by people who have no idea what your local stock levels should be. Limit of $250 for branch managers to buy goods without going through a buyer.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow branch managers more of a say in what their branch stocks and the levels of inventory. Also split up the larger zones into smaller ones.

each department is different

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Baker Distributing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: some managers were open to change others were not Cons: our manager played good cop bad cop constantly Advice to Senior Management: Stop playing favorites, listen to staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I Use to love working Baker, not so much now.

COUNTER SALES (Current Employee)

I have been working at Baker Distributing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pay and benefits are OK. Cons: They are turning the company in to telemarketers, and we… Advice to Senior Management: Employees are sick of sales, sales , sales everyday. Customers do not want us calling them everyday with new specials. We do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Baker Distributing.

Worked for Baker Distributing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Distributing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Baker Distributing CEO Carole J. Poindexter. All reviews posted anonymously by Baker Distributing employees.