Baker Distributing

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Distributing

Going,Going,Goooooooone

Former Employee - Service Center Manager
Former Employee - Service Center Manager

I worked at Baker Distributing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's was a job.......It used to be much better people actually came into work smiling

Cons

Too many chiefs and not enough indians. This company is prime example of what happens when Wall Street meets contractors. Contractors could care less whether your traded on the stock market or not.

Keep your experienced guys not your book smart people. Get rid of ALL of the VP Friends Club in Jacksonville and put people that have field experince in those positions. Remember having a degree does not mean your smarter it just means you completed courses Management in Jacksonville has done some people dirty i.e. firing managers that was blamed for sales but had no outside salesperson and very little help inside. They hold back the manager then blame it on Watsco when you complain to them.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Distributing (View Most Recent)

Dirty Company

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Baker Distributing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job, but thats all

Cons

Way too many VP's! Local management has absolutely NO team leadership! NO Training, pay is below industry average, corp office changes commission structure in the middle of a commission period and takes your commission away when you think you have made one. Poor inventory. No opportunity to grow

Have some leadership and training. Maybe try to communicate with your sales team. Don't talk bad about your employees behind their backs. Have some moral values. Try to be decent human beings

I Use to love working Baker, not so much now.

Current Employee - COUNTER SALES
    Current Employee - COUNTER SALES

I have been working at Baker Distributing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are OK.

Cons

They are turning the company in to telemarketers, and we know how much people like telemarketers.

Employees are sick of sales, sales , sales everyday. Customers do not want us calling them everyday with new specials. We do work in the Hvac/r business and people don't have time to answer calls from us everyday. Focus more on employee development.

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Distributing