There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

a good experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes

Pros

the money is good, just not a lot of it.

Cons

hours are rigid and not flexible at all

be more a work/life balance manager

635 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes (View Most Recent)

Horrible place to work, most political company you would ever work.

Former Employee - Repair & Maintenance Tech I  in  Broussard, LA
    Former Employee - Repair & Maintenance Tech I in Broussard, LA

I worked at Baker Hughes

Pros

The pay is good and the benifits are really good. If you also like to travel the world this is a good place to go to.

Cons

Employees were very rude and obnoxious. The supervisor knew nothing about the tools or equipment that were in his area. How he ever became a supervisor is a wonder. He also showed heavy favrotisim toward the employees that would go do chores, fish, hunt, or hang out with him after work. Never would write them up for coming in late, standing around talking to each other doing nothing, talking on their phones. He also would get his favorite employees to spy on me while I worked and report to him anything I did. Everything I did was critisized from my walking paste, my clothes being dirty and greaey (Im a mechanic stupid!) , even my facebook was stalked and was said to be unprofessional. Their computer programs were also very hard to understand and keep up with as they would change everything constantly. I was let go for so say poor work performance when I had better applied hours than most of the other employees. Working here was the worst 9 months of my life!!!!!! NEVER WORK HERE!!!!!

Hire better supervisors who actually know what their doing andare fair to ever employee.

Below avg due to the power play and politics game within the organization, Mgmt don't away follow company rules/policy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Baker Hughes

Pros

Benefits/salary and company "well known" name

Cons

Not everyone is treated fairly due to politics, needs to have a hard nose coming in.

Employee quarterly review and the 2010 Employee/upper management open hierarchy communication needs to be look upon again

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!