There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

Horrible place to work, most political company you would ever work.

Former Employee - Repair & Maintenance Tech I in Broussard, LA
Former Employee - Repair & Maintenance Tech I in Broussard, LA

I worked at Baker Hughes

Pros

The pay is good and the benifits are really good. If you also like to travel the world this is a good place to go to.

Cons

Employees were very rude and obnoxious. The supervisor knew nothing about the tools or equipment that were in his area. How he ever became a supervisor is a wonder. He also showed heavy favrotisim toward the employees that would go do chores, fish, hunt, or hang out with him after work. Never would write them up for coming in late, standing around talking to each other doing nothing, talking on their phones. He also would get his favorite employees to spy on me while I worked and report to him anything I did. Everything I did was critisized from my walking paste, my clothes being dirty and greaey (Im a mechanic stupid!) , even my facebook was stalked and was said to be unprofessional. Their computer programs were also very hard to understand and keep up with as they would change everything constantly. I was let go for so say poor work performance when I had better applied hours than most of the other employees. Working here was the worst 9 months of my life!!!!!! NEVER WORK HERE!!!!!

Advice to Management

Hire better supervisors who actually know what their doing andare fair to ever employee.

reviews filtered by

INTEQ - In No Time Everyone Quits

Current Employee - Field Engineer I in Monroeville, PA
    Current Employee - Field Engineer I in Monroeville, PA

I have been working at Baker Hughes

Pros

You get to learn about the oil and gas industry. Learn how to work under pressure. If you are the type of person that would like to about constantly this is for you. After the Engineering Development Program (EDP) if you make it that far, they're a lot of opportunities.

Cons

There is no balance between work life and personal life. You are either working or on-call. Therefore you have no time to plan out any activities unless you take vacation. During the summer months, plan on working 26-27 days out of the month. The managers don't really plan on sending people to rigs in their area. The mostly send someone from SW PA to NE PA and someone from NE PA to SW PA which doesn't make sense.

Advice to Management

Make a schedule (don't just say you are) and send people to location closer to their home. It's understandable it won't happen all the time but it happen to go wrong most of the time.

2. Way too much importance on politics and too little on improving the Company's infrastructure and resourcing departments.

Current Employee - HSE Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - HSE Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes

Pros

Compensation and benefits are reasonable.

Cons

Unwillingness to deal with systemic infratructure inadequacies.