Baker Hughes

DNA for poor practices

Former Employee - International Human Resources
Former Employee - International Human Resources

I worked at Baker Hughes

Pros

I felt they worked too hard to avoid being a responsible employer by side stepping the Warn Act deliberately by running severance programs just a hair under the number that required providing notice to employees. When they decide to cut staff, they walk in, tell you the bad news, and then immediately walk you out. You're off the payroll that very day. Terrible treatment.

Cons

No teamwork. No sharing of information, collaboration, or other ways to identify areas of improvement. At BHI, businesses work in silos, but individuals do too. I was part of a large discipline, but we never had team meetings, we never shared ideas or explored areas of overlap or duplication. When you join conference calls, instead of everyone in your office joining a call together, everyone calls from their own offices. Very strange environment.

Have a conscience for your people. Earn a reputation for being a fair and reasonable employer. You earned the reputation you have as a disloyal and unpredictable employer.

710 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes (View Most Recent)

May as well call Baker Hughes your family

I have been working at Baker Hughes

Pros

Good pay, lots of overtime

Cons

Always away from family. Management where I work is not the best. They preach safety, but run you to death. Policies are too extreme. Soon there will be a policy on how to use the bathroom. LOL....they'll run you like they own ya!!!!

Retire!!!!!! Let some new blood in the veins.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Engineering Manager
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager

I have been working at Baker Hughes

Pros

Development opportunities including training courses
    Rapid onset of responsibility
    Opportunities to move up

Cons

Not enough experienced folks to mentor young engineers in some parts of the company

Need to get aggressive on hiring and retention of mid level experienced talent

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes