There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

DNA for poor practices

Former Employee - International Human Resources
Former Employee - International Human Resources

I worked at Baker Hughes

Pros

I felt they worked too hard to avoid being a responsible employer by side stepping the Warn Act deliberately by running severance programs just a hair under the number that required providing notice to employees. When they decide to cut staff, they walk in, tell you the bad news, and then immediately walk you out. You're off the payroll that very day. Terrible treatment.

Cons

No teamwork. No sharing of information, collaboration, or other ways to identify areas of improvement. At BHI, businesses work in silos, but individuals do too. I was part of a large discipline, but we never had team meetings, we never shared ideas or explored areas of overlap or duplication. When you join conference calls, instead of everyone in your office joining a call together, everyone calls from their own offices. Very strange environment.

Have a conscience for your people. Earn a reputation for being a fair and reasonable employer. You earned the reputation you have as a disloyal and unpredictable employer.

639 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Engineering Manager
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager

I have been working at Baker Hughes

Pros

Development opportunities including training courses
    Rapid onset of responsibility
    Opportunities to move up

Cons

Not enough experienced folks to mentor young engineers in some parts of the company

Need to get aggressive on hiring and retention of mid level experienced talent

No credible work- Hired too many interns and did not have a sufficient amount of projects to assign

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Baker Hughes

Pros

compensation is pretty good
    managers do not micro-manage

Cons

As an intern, you go in wanting to gain some relevant experience and work on real life projects however at Baker Hughes, they had some 150 interns and not enough work to assign so a lot of interns sat idle the entire summer or scrapped by, by looking for something to keep busy with. Also hardly any interns got a full time offer so if you do intern here keep in mind that you'll probably need to look for a full time position elsewhere

The internship program needs to be more organized and better structured

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!