Baker Hughes

www.bakerhughes.com
  www.bakerhughes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Baker Hughes has been a great place to build my career. I have worked on many projects with employees from all levels of the organization. I have taken advantage of great opportunities to diversify my experience and have felt for the most part that management was available to help me succeed.

Cons

The company politics can be discouraging with a lot of promotions that seem biased or undeserving. Some jobs seem to be posted with the person taking the position already in mind giving others little opportunity. Depending on executive management direction of the company can be unclear at times.

A better understanding of the direction of the company to be passed down through management is essential for everyone to feel they are contributing to the success of the company. Better communication with employees to understand and improve the morale of the company would be beneficial. I have already seen improvement in these areas with some recent changes in the company.

710 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes (View Most Recent)

Friendly Work Enviornment

Former Employee - Intern in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Baker Hughes full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managers and even high up positions like to see growth in young talent. Peoples doors are always open to talk and ask questions. Overall laid-back atmosphere

Cons

Not always structured
    Could be more organized

Provide better training for new employees

Baker Hughes is the worst company ever !

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes (more than an year)

Pros

Good Pay, thats about it.

Cons

Where do I begin ! When I started working for Baker I thought it would be a good experience, but NO it is not. Nobody seems to know what there doing around. When I ask about how or why this is, it's like I get a blank stare. It's clearly the fact that people are in positions that they don't even qualify. I would think that if you call yourself a Specialist or Technologist then you need to know your stuff, you would think. It's all about who you know and who your "screwing".
    Also at some of there facilities, employees sometimes get to involved with each other, I mean "PERSONALLY" involved with each other. I don't have a problem with that as long as it is kept outside the work place & work load. Co-workers flirting with each to get more work is flat out wrong and not fair to the other workers who are working hard too.
    Not only that I see that it is a racist and sexist company as well. They take one look at you and think that you don't measure up or not smart enough. And if you are smart and have experience and are doing a good job then they consider you a threat to their position.
    Thats just some of what I have experience here at Baker Hughes, but hopefully I pray it gets better.

Get new management !
    Hire people that are actually qualified to do the job !
    Keep politics out of the work place !
    Training needs to be increased !
    Stop being so judgemental and let people to there jobs !

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes