Baker Hughes
www.bakerhughes.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

The IT department is an absolute disaster.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Baker Hughes full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat benefits. Most people are friendly and fun to work with.

ConsBaker Hughes used to be a great, employee centered, place to work. It has turned away from that and currently has no loyalty or respect for employees.

The IT department is an absolute disaster. The CIO is clueless and is more concerned with building his resume than with actually providing the business with what they need/want.

IT is in a constant state of reorg and a constant state of workforce reduction. It's over budget and the only way they know how to reduce expense is to lay people off. They have eliminated, or lost, most people who have any knowledge and expect the remaining few to quickly pick up everything. They are outsourcing most new development. After a big push, 3 years ago, to get rid of 'shadow IT' groups within the business, many parts of the business are once again starting to do their own development, because IT will not / cannot give them what they need.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the CIO. Stop treating employees like a number. Learn the value of retaining knowledgeable employees.

Very Good Company with good Compensations

District Engineer (Current Employee)
Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Multi National Company works in +90 countries around the world Cons: Stability in one working place for long time Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good but not the best

Wireline Field Engineer (Current Employee)
Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time for more than a year

Pros: - depend on your supervisor, you could have a nice work/life balance or all way around, luckily… Cons: - please take more time to appreciate the employee... good peoples are leaving the company because of lack of reward - need a better… Advice to Senior Management: - Even if you have a cheap contract you should do and support the best for it. Dont sacrifice your front line people (field crew)… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Baker Hughes.

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Hughes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Baker Hughes CEO Martin Craighead. All reviews posted anonymously by Baker Hughes employees.