Baker Hughes

www.bakerhughes.com

Satisfying, professional, a company you can work for a lifetime.

Geoscientist (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsMaintains a very manageable workforce, not too much so that the company does not need to reduce manpower at trouble times. Work place generally has a small group which works more like a family. Have strong ethical business principles and completely complaint.

ConsLocal management is not strong in many cases. Weak personnel team. Career guidelines not very well defined for all roles in local offices. Management most of the times focuses only on operations not on the data evaluation and interpretation market.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire proper personnel (HR) managers, with proper knowledge of Oil and Gas business. Management should define and respect the career guidelines of all technical personnels.

Hard work, new people, sox, balance sheet

Senior Auditor (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

I worked at Baker Hughes full-time for more than a year

Pros: Travel Around the world Nice people Experience of other people. Analytics, tools Cons: Away from home Long hole Language problems Stubborn people Long work hours Senior management too… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wrong persons on wrong positions

Field Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Great group of colleagues to work with in the field! - Good… Cons: - HR Extremely slow with everything - Managers have no clue what we are doing in the field - Short sighted managing, more firefighting than managing operations -… Advice to Senior Management: Get a proper HR who knows what the oil business is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Baker Hughes.

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!