Baker Hughes

www.bakerhughes.com

Baker Hughes Pressure Pumping is a good starting place for a self directed and ambitious engineer.

Field Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsBaker Hughes Pressure Pumping does an extremely good job at making a safe workplace. The documentation for how that happens is not perfect, but the mentality and awareness of the employees goes a long way toward this purpose. Training-wise, the provide many opportunities for an employee to explore different perspectives.

ConsI might have high expectations for what an engineer should be doing, but I feel that the company expectations for a field engineer are somewhat low. While this is OK for an individual who acts on a strong desire to learn and grow, other people may not be aware of what they can use their skills for. Furthermore, for the purpose I assume is protecting trade secrets, I feel as though our resources to understand our products are somewhat limited. We are given enough information to do our routine duties, but maybe not enough to quickly gain mastery.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would encourage automation of simple, routine tasks for engineers, such that they can spend more time learning and better understanding our products and tools. I would also encourage higher standards for the training classes. A lot of training is done on the job. While experience and contextualization is essential for training a productive field engineer, I think that the engineers would provide better value more quickly if they were trained more rigorously and held to higher standards. While the current model for training works well for self motivated employees, it might not work as well for the less confident and less willing employees.

Excellent Technology, POOR Management

Team Leader (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Baker Hughes full-time for more than a year

Pros: Technology. Clearly Baker Hughes has some of the brightest Innovators the… Cons: Management (notice I didn't say "Leadership"). Throughout the "Mafia" of Managers (all the way up to the Executive Level), there has a been a great… Advice to Senior Management: 1) Fire yourselves and do the company and stakeholders a favor. Too many unethical, immoral, insensitive managers that don't know the first thing about Leadership.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Poor IT Management !!! - Only Out For Themselves!

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Having a job in a bad economy. Outside of that, There… Cons: IT Management from lower line managers to Directors are only interested in looking good to Vice Presidents and the next layer of the organizational structure… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to employee surveys! You will more than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Baker Hughes.

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!