Baker Hughes

www.bakerhughes.com
  www.bakerhughes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

Big company headed in the right direction, but local problems persist

Current Employee - Manager in Williston, ND
Current Employee - Manager in Williston, ND

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent Benefits
Strong Compensation
Good facilities and equipment

Cons

Local and Product-Line Specific Gaps in HSE Culture
Chaos from Reorganization Ongoing

All of your new EOCs are woefully incomplete. Overhaul them again. Hold middle managers to HSE and Integrity standards.

Support your HSE Team. They are strong and dedicated, but HR does not support actions.
Push your HR reps to investigate completely. Don't just take the word of the senior manager in any situation.

710 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes (View Most Recent)

Baker Hughes Pressure Pumping is a good starting place for a self directed and ambitious engineer.

Current Employee - Field Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Engineer

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Baker Hughes Pressure Pumping does an extremely good job at making a safe workplace. The documentation for how that happens is not perfect, but the mentality and awareness of the employees goes a long way toward this purpose. Training-wise, the provide many opportunities for an employee to explore different perspectives.

Cons

I might have high expectations for what an engineer should be doing, but I feel that the company expectations for a field engineer are somewhat low. While this is OK for an individual who acts on a strong desire to learn and grow, other people may not be aware of what they can use their skills for. Furthermore, for the purpose I assume is protecting trade secrets, I feel as though our resources to understand our products are somewhat limited. We are given enough information to do our routine duties, but maybe not enough to quickly gain mastery.

I would encourage automation of simple, routine tasks for engineers, such that they can spend more time learning and better understanding our products and tools. I would also encourage higher standards for the training classes. A lot of training is done on the job. While experience and contextualization is essential for training a productive field engineer, I think that the engineers would provide better value more quickly if they were trained more rigorously and held to higher standards. While the current model for training works well for self motivated employees, it might not work as well for the less confident and less willing employees.

Good Company

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay working in the oil and gas industry

Cons

HR and logistics very slow and unorganized

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes