Baker Hughes

www.bakerhughes.com
  www.bakerhughes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

I have learned a lot and have been able to travel to different parts of the country.

Current Employee - Engineer I
Current Employee - Engineer I

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They offer many classes to help you learn about your job and the company.

Cons

In some divisions, they do not pay as much attention to your career development as they should.

Make sure to spend some time focusing on your employees' career path. If they are working hard for you, then you need to do what it takes to keep them with you.

710 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes (View Most Recent)

Baker Hughes is a great company to work for; really good culture, opportunities, and management.

Current Employee - Reliability Engineer Intern in Claremore, OK
    Current Employee - Reliability Engineer Intern in Claremore, OK

I have been working at Baker Hughes as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company is on the up-and-up, is under good management, has a great culture, and cares about its employees. My internship paid well, and the company is very good about hiring its interns back. I would describe the culture as being very diverse, relaxed, but also driven to do as well as possible. Baker Hughes seems to hire quality people with good interpersonal skills, so the work environment is fun.

Cons

In my 2 month internship, I didn't find any cons.

Unfortunate situations...

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, opportunity to work with some really talented people, generally a good HSE culture

Cons

Exceptionally political environment with very little true leadership. Internal processes such as IT and HR completely broken and overrun with red tape and no acknowledgement of the problem, it is difficult to just do the basics of your job some days because of these two groups alone. Organizational changes are very frequent, resulting in a "this five minutes" and "flavor of the day" culture of rapidly changing initiatives with little or no continuity. Managing up well is the main criteria for upward career mobility.

Really listen to someone besides yourselves, because you aren't telling yourselves the truth. Value all of your employees, not just some. Actually walk your talk.

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes