There are newer employer reviews for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

I finally feel like I am at a company where I can stay put and grow.

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

Pros

The partner I work with has been very thoughtful in helping me to set goals and achieve them. Early on she fought for a raise for me to thank me for the additional effort I had been putting out. They seem very willing to create an environment that is somewhat autonomous while setting you up for future success. For the first time ever, I feel like I am at a company where they want to invest in me for the long-term, not just bide the time until the next job comes along.

In general the benefits are great. I love the amount of PTO you receive. Considering I am not someone that takes sick leave generally, it is great to have large amounts of time available to me. And, you get to carry over 2 weeks. They really seem to care about their employees and tailor programs which demonstrate that.

Cons

Some of the benefits are just so-so. My health insurance, while largely paid by my employer, is a pain to deal with. The hoops you have to jump through in order to get things covered are amazing. I was spoiled by BCBS. Not a big fan of United Health Care.

I think it is hard for some employees to find their way around the company. There are some that are relatively siloed in the offices and if you don't seek out interaction with others, no opportunities are provided for you.

Most learning development is geared towards accountants - it leaves off a large chunk of employees.

Don't forget the non-accounting staff. Create opportunities for interaction among staff.

85 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a career in accounting.

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

Pros

- the firm offers a multitude of opportunities for new graduates to learn about all aspects of accounting.

Cons

- the firm is extremely competive and often too hard on new graduates ... especially when they test you in many different areas simultaneously (i.e. tax, audit, consulting)

I think that it would help if the management gained a better understanding of their staffs wants/needs and helped guide them.

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

Pros

Baker Tilly Virchow Krause is a great company to work for. Managers, job role, culture, organization fit and compensation all meet my expectations.

Cons

Baker Tilly Virchow Krause has a work hard play hard attitude. It sometimes makes it difficult to leave at the end of the day knowing you have to finish a project.

I think leadership is doing a great job at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause. The provide sufficient feedback and rewards to keep employees happy and engaged.

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause