Baker & Taylor

www.btol.com
There are newer employer reviews for Baker & Taylor

Overworked underbenefitted

I have been working at Baker & Taylor

Pros

coworkers are the best thing

Cons

Few holidays, low PTO with long waits to get more

Staff will leave as soon as economy begins to turn around

51 Other Employee Reviews for Baker & Taylor (View Most Recent)

It has potential to be great.

I have been working at Baker & Taylor

Pros

Interesting industry to be a part of, and I've enjoyed the kind of work I do there. There are some really cool people who work there that can make working there really fun.

Cons

Not great benefits, no raises, they say that they promote from within (who doesn't say that) but it rarely happens. The company is privately held and keeps changing hands and with each change comes a new CEO and usually his entire hand-picked management team (always from outside the company). The company used to have a ton of life-long employees and now it is rare to find them.

Try to treat the current B&T employees who have a little bit of experience with the company as the asset that they can be. I think most of us would like to see the changes that are being proposed but I personally feel as if I am not being utilized as someone who could contribute to the process, but am just being buried under more managers and given less opportunity to advance in the company. I don't like working for a company where I don't feel valued at all.

Work in progress-evolving company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Commerce, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Commerce, GA

I have been working at Baker & Taylor full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoy working with good people who are passionate about their contributions. Local safety and quality incentives are improving. New management at corporate level may improve promotion opportunity and constructive communication. Allowed to work fairly independently without micro-management---in some areas. Local management is friendly and many managers seem to genuinely care about their employees.

Cons

High retention means little room for advancement. Few opportunities for personal growth. Low level management entrenched and territorial.

Offer additional opportunities for training, increase tuition reimbursement limits. Hold mid and lower level employees to standards of accountability. Reward the front-line employees who are sometimes overlooked.

There are newer employer reviews for Baker & Taylor