BalancePoint Corporation

www.balancepointcorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for BalancePoint Corporation

Beware of the Shiny Apple

I worked at BalancePoint Corporation

Pros

-Cool office
-Strong self driven producers
-Competitive commission compensation
-Fun culture - parties, halloween parties, community service, family friendly
-Flexible hours

Cons

-Upper management is highly inexperienced - look to "mentors" on guidance to run their company have no remorse for mistakes that impact their team
-No loyalty to their employees - quick to fire with no explanation or warning, quick to criticize, retract pay raises and other bonus incentives on a whim
-Very little employee recognition for a very dedicated team.
-Lack of trust internally, when Trust and Transparency are #1 to external clients and candidates
-Decisions are made with very little follow through
-Lack of empathy from certain people in upper management
-Some believe it's a popularity contest at times
-Long history of broken promises and dangling pretty carrots to keep top talent
-If you are coming on into a new division - expect no direction, sink or swim.

7 Other Employee Reviews for BalancePoint Corporation (View Most Recent)

A place that lets you do as well as you want to

Former Employee - Senior Resource Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Resource Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at BalancePoint Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

"I use the past tense since it is now over two years since I've worked for BP. Still, I have no doubt in my mind that my comments about my time at BP apply as much today as they did during my tenure there. I, too, am a former employee of BalancePoint, and in that respect, I have the same thing in common with the other five reviewers as of February 24, 2014.

I've read these reviews and, frankly, don't want to comment on any of the ad hominem attacks of the owners. I think most adults will see those for the irrelevant nonsense that they are. I simply want to state the following: I found the owners to be good people, genuinely trying to do the best they could as private persons and as leaders in a company. They challenged and supported their employees. Most importantly, they never got in the way of any employee doing his job. They provided a great office environment, all the tools you could ever need, access to the owners when you needed them, and the freedom to do your job. What more do people want from an organization? Whatever it is, you're asking for too much.

Is BP a perfect organization? Of course not, but no organization is. I once told one of the owners that I thought I worked for the best company in the worst industry (for my skill set and desire). I still believe that. Recruiting was not for me, and, I suspect, it is not for the authors of these negative reviews of BP. But that is no reason to make statements of calumny against the owners of BP.

Anyway, if you're interested in pursuing a career in recruiting/sales, you need to check out BP. They have a long-tenured staff, which is amazing in any industry, but especially in the recruiting industry, and in this terrible economic climate to boot, so they must be doing something right. Look at the people who've thrived there; don't waste your time wallowing in the petty laments of people who threw away an opportunity.

Cons

I don't see anything glaringly negative about BP.

Management understands what's going on. They have a vision and they know they've created the right environment for the right people to thrive within.

Double standards abound......

I worked at BalancePoint Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty flexible work environment, a few good folks are hiding out in small burrows

Cons

Dishonest, untrustworthy, double meanings, strange expectations, social above value, artifical versus meaningful, lobbyist mentality, CYA abounds, fear of change, fear of speaking out, very high stress levels, arguements break out nearly every week

Change has to start at the top, change = opportunity, lack of change due to fear is failure.

There are newer employer reviews for BalancePoint Corporation

Worked for BalancePoint Corporation? Contribute to the Community!