There are newer employer reviews for Baldor Electric

What happened to the best company in the world

Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Smith, AR
Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

Great Benefits, good medical/dental, profit sharing, stable

Cons

Management has little respect for their employees. Promotions are given to those that brown-nose. If they want you to leave, they put pressure on you to leave. Currently they are trying to push people out, instead of lay them off. The good ones are leaving and the poor ones are staying

Remember the employees that helped you buy Reliance. These are the guys that stuck it out and made Baldor what it is today. Don't keep stomping them down. They are the ones that deserve the most respect right now. Cutting salaries and forcing people to quit is not the right goal. Remember the 3-legged stool that you soooo preached to us. You keep cutting off the one that was labelled "Employee". Yes, we do like to take care of the customers, but if you tie our hands, then it will only be reflected with less qaulity, poor morale, etc. If you want people to leave, then lay them off or fire them. Don't be a weanie and try to hope they leave. Only the best will leave. You'll be stuck with those that couldn't find employment elsewhere, then you'll be wondering what happened. I could write a book. But If I had to say one thing, it's simply take care of those that took care of you for soooo many years! I'm tired of seeing you guys take all the bonuses, take all the private jet rides while you tell us to slash every penny we can. We've always done that! DAnce with the one that brought you to the party! NOt the guest (Reliance) that you found along the way. Enough is enough.

reviews filtered by
  1. Looking for a better job satisfaction and compensation.

Current Employee - Database Administrator
    Current Employee - Database Administrator

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

Opportunities for limited advancement if you are at entry level positions. Flexibility in works hours with opportunties for telecommunting. Benefits and perks are at a higher level than most companies. Work environment is open with a relative flat mangement structure.

Cons

After you reach a position that is occupied by a company person, it will be time to look for another job...a lateral movement to start advancing again. Job reviews are based on a subjective numbering system with no objective thought from management or reachable goals that will lead to recognition or monetary acknowledgement.

Promote growth from within. There are those that have received education while at this employment. Select from within for the career development program. Establish a mentoring program for the replacement of senior personel.

2. lot more to learn but least salaries

Former Employee - GET in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - GET in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (less than a year)

Pros

resources to learn are plenty

Cons

ctc , recognition is very bad

recognize the employers