There are newer employer reviews for Baldor Electric

It's Not What It Used To Be.

Current Employee - Hourly Employee in Fort Smith, AR
Current Employee - Hourly Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

The pay is great and the benefits are great probably the best in the state.

Cons

Some of the downsides here it goes. Every other tuesday we are forced to have a meeting with management that repeat the same thing every time over and over and we are treated like its their way or no way. We are not allowed to voice our opinions that doesn't agree with them especially since the aquisition of Dodge/Reliance. We have been told not to sign anything for fear of a union coming in but yet they treat us like crap by bird dogging and pushing and pushing for more production every second. We have absolutely no say so about our jobs or any safety issues or how we are treated no matter what corporate would like to believe. It does not do any good to tell our supervisors, including our plant manager nothing gets done about anything. We/hourly employees are treated like dirt especially with the new management that came in with Dodge/Reliance and Russelville Ar.

Give us room to breath. We know our jobs we do not have to be treated like 2 year olds. Also implement real meetings with each department individually with corporate leaders not with plant leaders and listen to your employers. Give us a say so when you want pay day changed or anything else. Remember we are share holders too. We are treated like we have no ownership in our company.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Baldor Electric (View Most Recent)

Looking for a better job satisfaction and compensation.

Current Employee - Database Administrator
    Current Employee - Database Administrator

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

Opportunities for limited advancement if you are at entry level positions. Flexibility in works hours with opportunties for telecommunting. Benefits and perks are at a higher level than most companies. Work environment is open with a relative flat mangement structure.

Cons

After you reach a position that is occupied by a company person, it will be time to look for another job...a lateral movement to start advancing again. Job reviews are based on a subjective numbering system with no objective thought from management or reachable goals that will lead to recognition or monetary acknowledgement.

Promote growth from within. There are those that have received education while at this employment. Select from within for the career development program. Establish a mentoring program for the replacement of senior personel.

What happened to the best company in the world

Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

Great Benefits, good medical/dental, profit sharing, stable

Cons

Management has little respect for their employees. Promotions are given to those that brown-nose. If they want you to leave, they put pressure on you to leave. Currently they are trying to push people out, instead of lay them off. The good ones are leaving and the poor ones are staying

Remember the employees that helped you buy Reliance. These are the guys that stuck it out and made Baldor what it is today. Don't keep stomping them down. They are the ones that deserve the most respect right now. Cutting salaries and forcing people to quit is not the right goal. Remember the 3-legged stool that you soooo preached to us. You keep cutting off the one that was labelled "Employee". Yes, we do like to take care of the customers, but if you tie our hands, then it will only be reflected with less qaulity, poor morale, etc. If you want people to leave, then lay them off or fire them. Don't be a weanie and try to hope they leave. Only the best will leave. You'll be stuck with those that couldn't find employment elsewhere, then you'll be wondering what happened. I could write a book. But If I had to say one thing, it's simply take care of those that took care of you for soooo many years! I'm tired of seeing you guys take all the bonuses, take all the private jet rides while you tell us to slash every penny we can. We've always done that! DAnce with the one that brought you to the party! NOt the guest (Reliance) that you found along the way. Enough is enough.

There are newer employer reviews for Baldor Electric