Great place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

Clean well organized plants (well we are getting there) and on the cutting edge of technology and business trends.
Pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

Too much middle Management.. there are plant managers, area managers, supervisors, coordinators ..etc.. in each area.. its a bit much.. It seems that management jobs are created to pass the buck to another rather than to let the employees take charge and do what needs to be done.

Too many engineers!!!!! there are lots of degrees walking around in hte plants doing what seems to amount to a whole lot of nothing! It can be a bit aggravating at times when production is slow due to a hiring freeze on the floor and theres loads of engineers wandering around.

also the creation of needless job titles.. such as "trainers" when there has been NO hiring in the last 2 years!! what are these people doing!! they dont help in the plants when we are short handed due to the attrition policy that is in effect.

Advice to Management

cut some of the middle management and put the engineers and "trainers" to work..
employees put product on the trucks not management and suits!!!
We are well trained and we can train each other.. trainers are out of touch woth the day to day operation..
Management is too bloated we have too many middlemen to get anythig done..

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's Not What It Used To Be.

Current Employee - Hourly Employee in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Hourly Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

The pay is great and the benefits are great probably the best in the state.

Cons

Some of the downsides here it goes. Every other tuesday we are forced to have a meeting with management that repeat the same thing every time over and over and we are treated like its their way or no way. We are not allowed to voice our opinions that doesn't agree with them especially since the aquisition of Dodge/Reliance. We have been told not to sign anything for fear of a union coming in but yet they treat us like crap by bird dogging and pushing and pushing for more production every second. We have absolutely no say so about our jobs or any safety issues or how we are treated no matter what corporate would like to believe. It does not do any good to tell our supervisors, including our plant manager nothing gets done about anything. We/hourly employees are treated like dirt especially with the new management that came in with Dodge/Reliance and Russelville Ar.

Advice to Management

Give us room to breath. We know our jobs we do not have to be treated like 2 year olds. Also implement real meetings with each department individually with corporate leaders not with plant leaders and listen to your employers. Give us a say so when you want pay day changed or anything else. Remember we are share holders too. We are treated like we have no ownership in our company.

What happened to the best company in the world

Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

Great Benefits, good medical/dental, profit sharing, stable

Cons

Management has little respect for their employees. Promotions are given to those that brown-nose. If they want you to leave, they put pressure on you to leave. Currently they are trying to push people out, instead of lay them off. The good ones are leaving and the poor ones are staying

Advice to Management

Remember the employees that helped you buy Reliance. These are the guys that stuck it out and made Baldor what it is today. Don't keep stomping them down. They are the ones that deserve the most respect right now. Cutting salaries and forcing people to quit is not the right goal. Remember the 3-legged stool that you soooo preached to us. You keep cutting off the one that was labelled "Employee". Yes, we do like to take care of the customers, but if you tie our hands, then it will only be reflected with less qaulity, poor morale, etc. If you want people to leave, then lay them off or fire them. Don't be a weanie and try to hope they leave. Only the best will leave. You'll be stuck with those that couldn't find employment elsewhere, then you'll be wondering what happened. I could write a book. But If I had to say one thing, it's simply take care of those that took care of you for soooo many years! I'm tired of seeing you guys take all the bonuses, take all the private jet rides while you tell us to slash every penny we can. We've always done that! DAnce with the one that brought you to the party! NOt the guest (Reliance) that you found along the way. Enough is enough.