There are newer employer reviews for Baldor Electric

Baldor Electric " A place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at Baldor Electric

Pros

Salary was reasonable and there was job security. Has a laid back culture. Colleagues were nice to work with. Cost of living was low.

Cons

This is a sales driven company and sales people have more clout. Sales person who started yesterday can override a decision made by a senior employee.

NA

34 Other Employee Reviews for Baldor Electric (View Most Recent)

Great place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

Clean well organized plants (well we are getting there) and on the cutting edge of technology and business trends.
    Pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

Too much middle Management.. there are plant managers, area managers, supervisors, coordinators ..etc.. in each area.. its a bit much.. It seems that management jobs are created to pass the buck to another rather than to let the employees take charge and do what needs to be done.

Too many engineers!!!!! there are lots of degrees walking around in hte plants doing what seems to amount to a whole lot of nothing! It can be a bit aggravating at times when production is slow due to a hiring freeze on the floor and theres loads of engineers wandering around.

also the creation of needless job titles.. such as "trainers" when there has been NO hiring in the last 2 years!! what are these people doing!! they dont help in the plants when we are short handed due to the attrition policy that is in effect.

cut some of the middle management and put the engineers and "trainers" to work..
    employees put product on the trucks not management and suits!!!
    We are well trained and we can train each other.. trainers are out of touch woth the day to day operation..
    Management is too bloated we have too many middlemen to get anythig done..

It's Not What It Used To Be.

Current Employee - Hourly Employee in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Hourly Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

The pay is great and the benefits are great probably the best in the state.

Cons

Some of the downsides here it goes. Every other tuesday we are forced to have a meeting with management that repeat the same thing every time over and over and we are treated like its their way or no way. We are not allowed to voice our opinions that doesn't agree with them especially since the aquisition of Dodge/Reliance. We have been told not to sign anything for fear of a union coming in but yet they treat us like crap by bird dogging and pushing and pushing for more production every second. We have absolutely no say so about our jobs or any safety issues or how we are treated no matter what corporate would like to believe. It does not do any good to tell our supervisors, including our plant manager nothing gets done about anything. We/hourly employees are treated like dirt especially with the new management that came in with Dodge/Reliance and Russelville Ar.

Give us room to breath. We know our jobs we do not have to be treated like 2 year olds. Also implement real meetings with each department individually with corporate leaders not with plant leaders and listen to your employers. Give us a say so when you want pay day changed or anything else. Remember we are share holders too. We are treated like we have no ownership in our company.

There are newer employer reviews for Baldor Electric