There are newer employer reviews for Balducci's

Bittersweet at Balducci's.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Cashier in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Balducci's

Pros

The pay is great at Balducci's! They pay more than minimum wage. Also, they have a 30% discount which isn't much considering that the food costs a lot.

Cons

Management is horrible. They do not know what they are doing. They will get rid of a good employee as quick as possible (I've seen it happen twice). They have become really strict with the hours and have been downsizing a lot (this was before the economic crisis). They really are understaffed and management expects people to perform well under strenuous conditions while they sit in the office and watch.

My advice is to stop cheating people out of hours and to not fire good workers.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Balducci's (View Most Recent)

Good place to work - for the short term

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Balducci's

Pros

The good things are the good culture, nice people, discount on great food, flexible schedules. We do receive a lot of product information which is helpful. The schedules are flexible which is great for a part time worker especially those in school.

Cons

There is not a lot of support from upper management. When there are issues regarding workers not pulling their weight, it is often ignored, even if the opinion is in the majority and voiced by customers and employees alike. Much of the daily responsibilities fall on the closers which would be fine if there was a strong system of accountability in place to make sure that not all the days activities are left on the closer but evenly distributed.

Listen to what lower level employees are saying regarding communication.

Great co-workers, good experience

Former Employee - Front End Cashier  in  Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Balducci's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Balducci's was great. The co-workers were awesome and fun to be around. Managers are conscious of your life outside of the store, so scheduling was flexible.

Cons

I worked as a cashier where the computer system was not as sophisticated as in other grocery stores: not all PLU codes in the system matched the inventory; customer lists and PLU codes were in booklets, which was not always efficient.

There are newer employer reviews for Balducci's

Worked for Balducci's? Contribute to the Community!