Baldwin Filters

www.baldwinfilter.com
  www.baldwinfilter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Baldwin Filters

Solid employer, but you won't get rich, no matter how well you perform

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kearney, NE
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kearney, NE

I worked at Baldwin Filters

Pros

Stable company with generally solid performance and few layoffs. Profit sharing paid when targets met (most years).

Cons

If you get fired, you really deserved it, but you certainly won't get rich working there. Pay and benefits lag well behind national and even regional averages. There is little differentiation in pay between top performers and underperformers - if you stick around, you're looking at 3% or less increases at most every year, regardless of what you do. Talented people constantly leave for better opportunities - many people who stay long-term are satisfied with mediocre opportunity and compensation, don't want to leave the area, or are just simply incapable of getting a better job elsewhere. If you are ambitious and seeking advancement, chances are there is a drone middle manager blocking your way up who has been there for 10 years, and will be there another 10 years after you're gone.

Pay your best people at or close to what they could earn elsewhere. Stop "differentiating" your people by giving the mediocre 2% and the stars 3% raises.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Baldwin Filters (View Most Recent)

You will not be happy at Baldwin Filters.

Current Employee - Filtermake/Backup Forklift
    Current Employee - Filtermake/Backup Forklift

I have been working at Baldwin Filters

Pros

The benefits.. health insurance, profit sharing(sometimes), and stock options(used to be anyway). Some of the average people who work there are good fun people. You have to be unique in order to stick around then for any length of time and make work fun somehow. After 4 years I ran out of ways to prevent myself from hating going to work everyday so I finally did the smart thing and went back to college.

Cons

Higher management is horrible, line leads are horrible, everything is run horribly and they won't take advice from others. Promotions to take someone's spot as line lead, forklift, supervisor, etc are based on nothing but seniority. This is why the whole Gothenburg plant is run by retards.

Listen to the people who actually work the lines.

Would have been the greatest job ever.

Former Employee - Assembler
    Former Employee - Assembler

I worked at Baldwin Filters

Pros

The pay was excellent after working there for a year, but sadly, even the slackers earn just as much as the hard workers.

You don't have to deal with having to please customers, but you do have to deal with your coworkers.

Cons

There was a lot of drama and prejudice between coworkers and favoritism with the supervisors. A lot of harassing went on while I worked there. When I let a supervisor know about a coworker who was being threatened by a group of employees, he did nothing about it. A lot of employees also like to cause pointless drama. Someone I worked with randomly decided to snub me, if that's the best way to put it. I work to work, not necessarily to make friends, but this person acted as though I was an enemy and refused to work as a team or even communicate with me at all to get stuff done.

The work environment is very dangerous, I always came home after my shift with cuts and bruises and knew someone that lost a finger while operating one of the machines. Fires often started from the ovens and air-conditioning was non-existent and quite prevalent during the summers. I've vomited during my shift on a few occasions due to the excessive heat from the factory and was very lucky that I could get off the assembly line in order to make it to the bathroom in time. The line is always running and no one is normally there to take your place if you have an emergency.

Get ready to throw your life away, because 53 hours is the new 40 at Baldwins. A lot of times you are on your feet all day, every day, and you won't be able to catch a break unless you request time off. You can only have so many days off throughout the year and if you go past the limit, you will get in a lot of trouble.

You promised equal opportunity employment, yet you allow your employees to harass each other based on their differences. You should also hire workers, not people who are mentally still in middle school.

Make your factory safe for your employees! Get some air conditioners and invest in safer machinery.

Hire more shifts so employees have time to see their family and friends instead of basically living at Baldwins.

There are newer employer reviews for Baldwin Filters