Baldwin Richardson Foods

www.brfoods.com
  www.brfoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for Baldwin Richardson Foods

If you want to sit on the sidelines -- BRF is not the place to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macedon, NY

I have been working at Baldwin Richardson Foods full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I, like others, read the reviews here before I decided to join BRF about 18 months ago. I admit I did wonder what I was going to get myself into, but I'm happy I joined as my experience has been fantastic. I've had a number of opportunities to stretch and learn new skills, and I work with a great team of people across the organization who are dedicated to helping the company grow -- and BRF continues to grow year-after-year. I have not heard of an instance where the employees did not share in the success of the business. If you are someone who wants to work for a company where you have the opportunity to make a difference every day, this is the place.

Cons

Like all smaller companies, growing pains are felt more than in larger ones. But at the end of the day I'd much rather be part of a changing, expanding organization that creates new opportunities for me than one that is shrinking.

Continue the Town Hall meetings, newsletter, and daily Production meetings that keep us all connected to the business in real-time.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Baldwin Richardson Foods (View Most Recent)

If you are unemployed, stay on unemployment

I have been working at Baldwin Richardson Foods

Pros

Not many. Medical benefits are very cheap compared to other major local employers. Medical plan provides good coverage too.

Cons

Don't bother considering the offer this company makes. This company is not genuine. Does not keep its promises and will fire you within 24 months of your hire date.

Management turnover is too fast to provide any advice.

Interesting place...

I have been working at Baldwin Richardson Foods

Pros

Medical benefits package is great. The company is fairly small and is making the effort to grow and expand (although growth is slow). Financially, the business is doing very well.

Cons

Profitability is the key measure of success before the value of its employees. Hard work is acknowledged but easily forgotten and pressure is constant. The company strives on fires and putting them out just to get by, but the emphasis on long-term growth is lacking. Very few people are happy working here, and turnover is astonishingly high. Unfortunately, the financial success of the business is not highly evident to the employees. The company is very stingy in professional development, expansion, salary increases and bonuses. It makes you wonder where the profit is going (hint: privately owned business). The culture of the company is quite unique, and often times not in the most positive way.

People need to be valued more in more evident ways to keep the star players from leaving the organization. The company is quick to let people go, but very slow in development. I believe star players should be acknowledged and developed quickly, because the technical food industry is more competitive than anyone thinks (yes, even in this economy). This industry is on a different platform than others and it is important to keep the benefits and culture at this company competitive with others. It begins first with the people, building them up and bringing value to them; then comes great success and profitability.

There are newer employer reviews for Baldwin Richardson Foods