Amazing people, great product, solid investors, phenomenal growth!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boise, ID
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Balihoo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Balihoo has more than doubled its revenues in the past year and ramped headcount accordingly. Even so, the culture is still so rich and fun. Here are a few of the many benefits - sponsored (paid) sabbatical every five years (with $2,500 of go have fun money); Mustache May, bike parking and repair area, five full days of volunteering per year (almost obligatory), keggerator with two kegs of homebrew (brewed by a couple of our employees - Balihoo covers the costs), Balihoo volunteer fund (someone went to Thailand last year using a Balihoo funded scholarship... I could go on and on. This place is pretty amazing. I feel lucky. Everyday I feel like my contributions are valued and impactful.

Cons

Health benefits could be improved. At this point, employees are given a stipend and can optionally enroll in a pretty mediocre health insurance plan.

Keep the wheels on the bus! This is an exciting ride.

Other Reviews for Balihoo

Balihoo has been a breath of fresh air in my career. I feel excited to go to work, be a part of a growing company!

Current Employee - Office Manager  in  Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Balihoo full-time for less than a year

Pros

positive executive staff to push you to achieve career goals. exciting fast paced work environment. community involvement & creative culture

Cons

constantly growing and changing, sometimes hard to stay on top of everything. sometimes difficult to stay connected to everyone personally

continue to find ways of modeling appropriate work/life balance. try to find ways to stay connected to those who work for you. continue to be creative with your business approach. It's truly an honor to be a part of Balihoo; I feel like I'm part of something that is great, noteworthy, relevant and exciting. Thank you for creating the culture and community outward focus!

Culture-centric company focused as much on its employees as on its bottom line.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Balihoo full-time for less than a year

Pros

-upper management is highly engaged
    -excellent employee culture
    -enjoyable work
    -manageable workload

Cons

-hard work, while fulfilling, is not for everyone; may not be a good fit for those looking to simply clock in from 9 to 5 and doze in front of a computer screen

We'd love to see more participation in the company's sponsored volunteer program, the Pawsitive Project.

There are newer employer reviews for Balihoo.

Worked for Balihoo? Contribute to the Community!