Ball Corporation

There are newer employer reviews for Ball Corporation

Excellent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, like the direction we are heading

Cons

Sometimes seemed like we did not want to make changes

Keep on the same track we are on, love the communcation we are now seeing

34 Other Employee Reviews for Ball Corporation (View Most Recent)

Purchaser and closer of productive and profitable beverage can plants

Former Employee - Production Associate
    Former Employee - Production Associate

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Wages and Benefits/Pension (all thanks to Collective Bargaining Agreement in place at time plant was purchased)

Cons

Plant purchased in 2009 by Ball Corporation. Senior management came in with the promise of a long career for us all, very impressed with our facility in every way, they even stated that they "wanted our children and grand-children to work there"...all untrue! No real investment in the plant, no real exchange of personnel from other Ball facilities to help integrate culture. They cutback on scheduled maintenance almost immediately and laid off 48 people at end of 2011, than they announced the following year that our facility would be closing permanently at the end of 2012. They are a union-busting company, they're subtle about it, they do it quietly and legally as the previous four beverage can plants that they closed (counting us) were unionized. Dispersed our volume to other facilities. Utililize inexperienced workers from temporary services. If they buy your plant be very wary especially if unionized and update your resume, start looking for a new job and saving your money.

Stop closing can plants and contributing to the loss of family-supportive middle-class jobs in this economy.

Company going in the wrong direction

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pays a reasonable working wage

Cons

The "corporate culture" has changed and not for the better. Ball used to genuinely care about its employees. Now it only seems concerned with keeping investors happy. Almost all, if not all, union plants have closed, while large amounts of money funneled into operations/startups in foreign countries.
    Mandatory overtime, frequent use of temp employees with no experience, then management complaining when production numbers are down.
    Disturbing pattern of finding nit-picky reasons to let go of experienced employees only to replace them with outsiders (friends of management) or piling more work on existing employees. Bidding on internal openings is a joke. Policies tend to favor the slackers over the people who actually show up to do their jobs.

Look at how the company was run a decade ago and aim for a similar module.

There are newer employer reviews for Ball Corporation