a great co-op experience

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Ball Corporation as an intern

Pros

I really enjoyed working here. There was a lot of work and business travel for an engineering co-op, a lot more than I expected I would do. I liked the engineer I reported to because he would explain what he wanted done and then let me go work on it until it needed approval or until I had a question. Also, the general atmosphere was great and everyone was very nice.

Cons

There really were no cons because it was a great experience for an engineer still in school and allowed me to learn a lot.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Purchaser and closer of productive and profitable beverage can plants

Former Employee - Production Associate
    Former Employee - Production Associate

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Wages and Benefits/Pension (all thanks to Collective Bargaining Agreement in place at time plant was purchased)

Cons

Plant purchased in 2009 by Ball Corporation. Senior management came in with the promise of a long career for us all, very impressed with our facility in every way, they even stated that they "wanted our children and grand-children to work there"...all untrue! No real investment in the plant, no real exchange of personnel from other Ball facilities to help integrate culture. They cutback on scheduled maintenance almost immediately and laid off 48 people at end of 2011, than they announced the following year that our facility would be closing permanently at the end of 2012. They are a union-busting company, they're subtle about it, they do it quietly and legally as the previous four beverage can plants that they closed (counting us) were unionized. Dispersed our volume to other facilities. Utililize inexperienced workers from temporary services. If they buy your plant be very wary especially if unionized and update your resume, start looking for a new job and saving your money.

Advice to Management

Stop closing can plants and contributing to the loss of family-supportive middle-class jobs in this economy.

2. Excellent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, like the direction we are heading

Cons

Sometimes seemed like we did not want to make changes

Advice to Management

Keep on the same track we are on, love the communcation we are now seeing