Bally Total Fitness

www.ballyfitness.com

Challenging and fun environment

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsWorking in a world class Fitness Club/Spa is pretty much an ideal work environment, and Bally Total Fitness is as big as it gets in this industry. You meet tons of interesting people who want to achieve or maintain fitness goals. If you like exercise, talking about health and nutrition Bally's would be a great place for you. I always enjoyed signing people up and seeing there faces in the gym as they worked on their goals.

You can work out for free, wear athletic clothing to work, meet attractive people and brag about where you work ( people always seem fascinated by this). I had a good General Manager who kept things competitive but rewarding.

ConsIts a SALES job through and through. If you do not like networking, up-selling, cross selling, generating leads etc then this might not be for you. Numbers are called in multiple times a day to upper management to make sure your facility is on task. Now don't get me wrong, working in a Fitness Club is almost motivation enough to help you make goals etc. But at the end of the day you are expected to generate appointments, leads and convert "walk ins" to members.

Hours vary weekly and they are open on some holidays that other places would typically be off (but keep in mind there are paying members who expect to be able to work out almost anytime).

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall I had a good experience with upper management, which could have been contributed to the fact I had a good sales team and we were good performers so that kept any heat off of us.

Unstructured company

Fitness Coach (Former Employee) Dearborn, MI

I worked at Bally Total Fitness

Pros: great co-workers, members are always fun. nice atmosphere. Cons: You're only as good as your last month of sales.… Advice to Senior Management: Pride yourselves on more than signing people up. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Get your foot in the door to the PT industry, but forget about a lucrative career with BTF.

Personal Trainer (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

I worked at Bally Total Fitness

Pros: Good stepping stone if interested in pursuing a career in… Cons: Compensation is low despite high hourly rates Dirty Lack of advancement opportunities Unorganized Advice to Senior Management: Stop going bankrupt every two years... Keep track of lower… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bally Total Fitness.

Worked for Bally Total Fitness? Contribute to the Community!