There are newer employer reviews for Baltimore Country Club

Worked as a camp counselor and a front desk attendant at the pool

Former Employee - Camp Counselor, Front Desk Attendant in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I worked at Baltimore Country Club part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed meeting my coworkers, who were right around my age (college age). We were an eclectic group which ultimately led me to realize I was headed down the wrong career path. I was glad to have met them and have kept in touch since the end of my employment there. The atmosphere was pretty relaxed though we had to present ourselves very professionally to the clients. They were also pretty good about giving me hours to work around my other job (never gave me trouble when I couldn't work certain weekend events). Plus we got water and soda at the bars which was great since it was so hot out that summer.

Cons

The wage was a bit low for me, especially for the effort that I put into the job. Also, I did work another job on the weekends but the person in charge of scheduling barely gave me hours after the end of camp (my other job was only on the weekends but I barely got more than 2 shifts a week). I wish they were a little less rigid with the work schedules; I would have loved to work a day of camp and stayed for a few extra hours at the front desk but that was never an option. During camp it was a bit hectic and sometimes not well planned out, but otherwise it seemed like they had hired too many people for my position at the front desk. Some of us should have only been brought on as counselors, and if you tell me I am to work the front desk I want decent hours please! Also, the kids at camp were usually ok but sometimes were a little less inclined to listen to instructions, which isn't the fault of the club, but it's still something to consider when applying. Some of them, you could tell, were not used to hearing the word "no." Get ready to run around after kids who never stay where they're supposed to - it's hard work, though it can be rewarding. Finally, it was horrible trying to get in touch with the direct supervisor - he never answered his phones and rarely answered emails!

7 Other Employee Reviews for Baltimore Country Club (View Most Recent)

Don't Bother

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Baltimore Country Club

Pros

Convenient, Camaraderie among peers. High retention of staff (low turnover)

Cons

Inept, condescending management. Nepotism. Takes advantage of staff

When you create a schedule and delineate tasks, stick to them. Keeping your employees hours past the scheduled time, exploiting foreign workers for their money and assigning unrealistic duties is irresponsible and deplorable

great experience

I worked at Baltimore Country Club full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great multicultural experience during the time of employment

Cons

not many chances of overtime

There are newer employer reviews for Baltimore Country Club