Baltimore Gas and Electric
www.bge.com Baltimore, MD 5000+ Employees

I loved my career experience at Baltimore Gas & Electric until...

Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I worked at Baltimore Gas and Electric full-time for more than a year

ProsThere is a ton of room for great growth if you're assigned to a leader who believes in his or her staff and want you to be successful. The pay and benefits are amazing. Employees across the board treat each other like good friends & family.

ConsCorporate policies can be horrible in every company not this just one. Working under the direction of a manager who does not care for you makes work-life difficult. It was my first time in corporate roll like this. I made a mistake knew I couldn't talk to my HR Director about it. I'm not one to point fingers, I too was at fault and have learned a value lesson that never happen again.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement holds to key to making the employee experience a great one to remember and brag about.

BGE (Baltimore Gas & Electric Co.)

Senior Administrative Assistance (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Baltimore Gas and Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: BGE serves central MD and is one of the nation's earliest electric & the 1st gas utility. They have a long history… Cons: BGE's upper management has gotten away from its team-oriented approach and has put lofty goals ahead of the welfare of its work force. Organizationally,… Advice to Senior Management: Believe in your staff of dedicated, long-time employees and give… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Love my job -- work independently - challenging work both mentally and physically

Service Operator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Baltimore Gas and Electric

Pros: Large company with many different departments -- I have a clear path of… Cons: possibility of working 12-16 hour days during shift coverage or storm… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Baltimore Gas and Electric.

Worked for Baltimore Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baltimore Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Baltimore Gas and Electric CEO Ken DeFontes Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Baltimore Gas and Electric employees.