Baltimore Sun Media Group

www.baltimoresun.com

Great products to sell, fun and creative staff

Account Executive (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsLots of room for advancement, I have been with the company for 7years (started right out of college) and have held several positions. Advertising solutions work really well for customers and we have a huge portfolio of options to present to advertisers. Most managers are great and hardworking. Lots of freedom- I work from home some days- my manager does not micromanage. It's a large office with a very diverse staff. Lots of opportunities to be involved- either at work or with the community. Can take clients to games, events, ect. AWESOME benefits.

ConsLarge office- lots of competition for best books of business, categories. Lots of paperwork (it is a newspaper) they should be able to streamline the ad entry process.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey roll out new products - special sections too fast- sometimes we do not have enough time to present it to everyone or enough training. Some of the managers need to focus more on the bottom line- selling- and not the administrative stuff- luckily my manager is not that way. More communication. What is the reason why we are changing something or launching something new? More updates on direction of company.

Love my job in Advertising Sales

Cultivator- Sales (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Baltimore Sun Media Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Large portfolio of products to sell, lots of freedom (most sales reps work from home), management does not bother you unless you are not doing… Cons: Large staff- you dont get to know many people, except for immediate… Advice to Senior Management: Get in the field more and meet with advertisers. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best days are past

Writer (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

I worked at Baltimore Sun Media Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great people who care about the news and the city. They… Cons: Chasing a downward spiral of advertising dollars and attempting to right… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your best people to keep them around. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Baltimore Sun Media Group.

Worked for Baltimore Sun Media Group? Contribute to the Community!