Baltimore Sun Media Group

www.baltimoresun.com

I love my job in media sales!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsEvery day is different and I get to work with lots of fun and interesting people and businesses. Lot's of freedom, as long as I am doing my job, sales managers leave me alone- yet they are available if I need assistance with a problem or a client. Lots of great products to offer customers- products work well and are easy to get passionate about. The new director of retail advertising is great- knows what she is doing and is very motivating and fair. overall pay is good- base salary is a little low ($30's) but commissions are good and I have had some very good months- no cap on commissions. 1st few years made in the $60's now make $85,000 plus.

ConsParts of our business are in decline (newspaper) and while we do have a lot of other options to offer our advertisers- You hear it every day "nobody reads the newspaper"... which is far from true- but it's he number one objection. company needs to move more quickly to repackage products to changing times. Training needs to be more focused on actual field experiences- not just reviewing products and who is the best audience for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and meet with customers more. Simplify, simplify, simplify/combine (order process/ communication/marketing). We have so much- it gets overwhelming to sales people and customers. Do some reputation mgmt and promote our brand- geez, we sell that service to our customers- the reviews on this site are obviously people we let go . It is not perfect- but I am happy and would recommend to my friends to work here.

They work hard, but they're behind

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Baltimore Sun Media Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Everyone there seems to work their butts off. People are… Cons: Digital presence is terrible. The site (a recent re-design) is horrible, and not a lot of people understand the site's importance. A lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in coders who can completely redesign the site, mobile site and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Are you up for a challenge?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Baltimore Sun Media Group full-time

Pros: Great place to take on new responsibilities and gain knowledge. Cons: Very fast paced, somewhat high stressed environment with top down… Advice to Senior Management: Allow creativity and ideas from deeper within the organization. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Baltimore Sun Media Group.

Worked for Baltimore Sun Media Group? Contribute to the Community!