There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic

Great company

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Banana Republic

Pros

My store mangers were very fair, tried to work with everyone's preferred schedules, praised good work and made shift trades easy.

Cons

Not immune to the retail bane "clopen" shift.

863 Other Employee Reviews for Banana Republic (View Most Recent)

Fun, but you'll never get promoted.

Current Employee - Non-Sell Associate in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Non-Sell Associate in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Banana Republic

Pros

The Managers are really nice, and actually help out all over the store, from painting to opening shipment at 4am to cashiering. All of the employees were nice, with a variety of races and backgrounds. If you ask for time off like a month in advance, you'll get it. Has a really nice atmosphere, unlike some big retail stores.

Cons

I found out that people in my job position usually get hired at $8.25 - $8.50 an hour, but I was only hired at $8.00 an hour. No chance of ever being promoted, even if you work there for years. They only hired Managers from outside the store. My store went without a Manager in charge of the Non-Sell Team for months, and even though my Supervisor did both her job and the empty position's job, and had been with the store for three years, she was passed over and the job was given to someone from outside the store. That new Manager only lasted like 4 months. When I saw that happen, I knew I would never be able to work my way up the ladder at that store. My Supervisor left the store after this, and so did I.

Look inside your store for great talent, or it will leave for another company.

Ok

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Banana Republic

Pros

Great discount, cool co-workers, nice clothes & accesories

Cons

Pay is insulting, you most be on management to get full time, otherwise you're doom with part time hours, no room for advancement period!

Give full time to sales associates & stock associate as well!

There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic