It's okay..

Current Employee - Sales Associate and Sales Support in Arcadia, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate and Sales Support in Arcadia, CA

I have been working at Banana Republic

Pros

-discounts at BR, Old Navy, and GAP

Cons

-board folding!
-not given enough hours sometimes

Advice to Management

They need to let their employees know how they are doing with their sales, etc. (monthly). Our old managers gave us weekly quizzes, which was good (we didn't get penalized if we did bad). They also need to be more fair with hours. The store managers only give us hours based on how many BRCs we open and how we do with sales. Other than that, everything is good.

reviews filtered by

Overworked, underpaid and under appreciated

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Banana Republic

Pros

Employee discount was fairly decent up until they started giving customers the same perks so the company could meet sales goals without taking steep discounts on merchandise. 4 weeks vacation.

Cons

Pay scale is not fair. Numerous times I managed other employees who were being paid more than me, who had less experience. Large corporation who pays poorly. Company seems to have lost their direction. Gap Inc was the place to work in the late 90's early 2000's but they have lost they're target market. Too much product, less is more. Unrealistic time frames in which they want task/assignments completed.

Advice to Management

Need to pay better attention to whom you promote. Focus more on what your customer needs and less on selling credit cards. Probably wouldn't lose so many managers to competition if you would pay more competitively. Bottom line based on lack of work/ personal life balance I stepped down to part time. I recently interviewed for a full time position and was offered 27,000 a year (salary) I had ten years with the company and 8 spent in a management role. I left and was offered a position with a competitor for 47,000 a year (salary). I was insulted for the last time by Gap Inc.

2. clothes are ok, outlet cust. are upscale stuffy, always looking for eork to pass time

Current Employee - Pt Sales in Napa, CA
    Current Employee - Pt Sales in Napa, CA

I have been working at Banana Republic

Pros

discount is ok, they work around schedule, pay is ok

Cons

not enough hrs, pay not COE