There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic

The Freehold store is poorly managed and run by the associates most of whom were once managers.

Former Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Freehold, NJ
Former Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Freehold, NJ

I worked at Banana Republic

Pros

The company offers a generous discount to their associates and the men's collection is beautifully tailored. The jewelry is beautiful and well priced.

Cons

The women's collection is frumpy and not necessarily attractive to the average woman. It is designed boxy in shape and way overpriced. That particular location is plagued with too much gossip and backstabbing. The store manager is considered weak behind his back and not in control of the store.

Take a real good look at the Freehold location. Get rid of some of your associates who once managed a store or in some capacity were managers and cannot seem to comprehend that they are now associates and possibly need to find another job. Some of the 'star' sales people have an attitude of they cannot be touched and I think its time for them to go as well. All the negativity within the store is crippling.

reviews filtered by
  1. Learned everything on my own, VERY little training, sink or swim

Current Employee - Merchandise Presentation Supervisor in Fairview Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Merchandise Presentation Supervisor in Fairview Heights, IL

I have been working at Banana Republic

Pros

I like apparel and Gap as a company, pay was right. Close to home. Clientele is good to work with.

Cons

Little training, management in stores with knowledge in the company have no patience to teach anybody anything.

You can only succeed when you have a team that is working with/for you. Not against you. Support your team.

2. "Republic of All."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Banana Republic

Pros

Compensation is competitive (based on experience)
    Employee discount is fantastic! (you get discounts at 3 stores as opposed to just 1, and its higher than most discounts at other similar companies)
    Friendly Staff
    Management willing to work with scheduling issues

Cons

Communication is not always the greatest among the management and between management and staff. But I think that can be said of most retail environments.

Those star employees that you guys are searching for are usually right in front of you.

There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic