There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic

It has been overall enjoyable, tiring at times, I have learned a lot and plan to stay there.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Banana Republic

Pros

The 401k plan is good--they match your contributions up to a certain amount. Management gives good feedback. They encourage employee growth and promotions, but you have to ask for it. They have a zero tolerance policy against discrimination. Co-workers are generally friendly and fun to be around.

Cons

The pay for part-time sales is not the best, though some more experienced people do make more. Customers may treat you poorly. Schedules for part-time can vary from week to week. Also, it's harder to become full-time, so you may not get health insurance.

Advice to Management

It is good to get constructive feedback from management, which they already do a good job of. Also, it is good to know what your employee's goals for the future are.

reviews filtered by
  1. Nice summer job, not for long-term

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Banana Republic part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers and managers
    50% discount
    Nice atmosphere

Cons

All the usual downsides of working retail - long hours, low pay, sometimes difficult customers

The employees and customers are great. Management is good but very young which affects decisions.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Banana Republic

Pros

Discount and the people we work with every day.

Cons

It is difficult getting promoted because existing mgmt gets priority over those trying to move up. Pay is low

Advice to Management

We need to be paid for our merit and get raises that reflect that or at least keep up with the cost of living increases. Promotions would be done by merit not by seniority. And the merchandiser at headquarters need to have a better working knowledge of the store. The timing of when and how things are done often does make sense.

There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic