Banana Republic
www.bananarepublic.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Banana Republic NonSales and Sales team.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

ProsFun place to work, amazing managers, can request days off, often breaks, 50% off card that works at Banana and Gap, 25% off Old Navy and 20% off a online shoe store that I think starts with a P. I was promoted to a men's seller within 2 weeks of employment. Before the promotion I was on the NonSales team. NonSales do not interact with customers as much as Sellers do. NonSales spend their day boardfolding, running throwbacks ( means to put clothing that was left in the fitting rooms back on the shelf) and just making sure the store is up to standards ( meaning all clothing and products are exactly where they belong.) Bring good shoes because sometimes you will be folding for a long time, if your tall your back might start hurting from being bent all day. A Seller is probably the best position you can get. You walk the store and see if anyone needs help. You run product checks on the computer and use your walkie talkie to talk to the stock room incase you need a product. You really don't need any knowledge of clothing because you will learn everything on the job. Don't take this position if your not comfortable speaking with people! On a Saturday our store could make $60,000 easy.

ConsRude snobs as only the more wealthier people tend to shop here. It is slow Monday thru Thursday. You have to solicite a company card to customers. You are on call at least once a week. Low pay ($8.25), some female employees don't like each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat ALL your customers with respect. I felt that whites received better service than anyone else.

Snobby Management

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Concord, NC

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for less than a year

Pros: Can't find a good one. Cons: No hours Seasonal employees looked down on Repetitiveness Management picks favorites Advice to Senior Management: Make your management get off their high horse. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Professional, Fun and Good Opportunities

Cashier Lead (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than a year

Pros: Very progressional environment. The management team are supportive and respectful. BR incorporates a lot of social work and different activities around the… Cons: Hard to move from sales associate to a leadership role, Sometimes information is… Advice to Senior Management: When you visit the stores, talk to sales associates in private and asks them about the true environment… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Banana Republic.

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banana Republic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Banana Republic CEO Jack Calhoun. All reviews posted anonymously by Banana Republic employees.