Banana Republic
www.bananarepublic.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

It was ok....

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Katy, TX

ProsThe discount; 50% off retail, 30% off outlet, and 10% off sale, you really couldent beat it. Aside from that had some amazing co-workers and you can hold clothes that you plan on buying and thats really it.

ConsHorrible customers, many are really cheap and seem to think the entire store has to be on sale.Customers dont read the promo signs properly and then get upset when you correct them. I have never dealt with so many rude customers in my whole retail career. Hours are horrible, nobody can get full time unless your management. You have an on-call every time you work, so dont make plans because someone might not show up. Raises are sad, I worked there for a year and some months and only got a 15cent raise while some high school kids who hardly worked got a 25cent raise. Overall its an ok job for high school and college kids, but dont look for any advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease invest in current employees when it comes to advancement, people have worked there for a long time and get ignored. Also, changes need to be made when it comes to the promo signs because customers cant seem to read or get confused so if its more then they want to pay they leave it at the register which causes a lot of go backs. price checks around would be nice to it can keep the customers from holding up the line. It was also be nice to get bonuses for getting credit cards and making goals.

Banana Republic Card- enough said

Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice coworkers, fun/young bosses, safe work environment, good training opportunities,… Cons: Be prepared to sell more credit cards than clothes, and… Advice to Senior Management: Realize how great the store could be if credit cards… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good and bad like any other retail job, mostly just annoying

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Katy, TX

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: above minimum-wage, worked with great people, not hard work at… Cons: customers are without fail either stupid, rude, or neutral at… Advice to Senior Management: keep staff at good number and quality! quit hiring lazy… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Banana Republic.

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banana Republic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Banana Republic CEO Jack Calhoun. All reviews posted anonymously by Banana Republic employees.