Fun coworkers, great clothes, and excellent employee discount program.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tulalip, WA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tulalip, WA

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for more than a year

Pros

The coworkers can be fun. Closing the store and staying later after close can be a lot of fun (also true for working a shipment in the morning.) The style of clothing is great, so is the quality. The employee discount is also very nice, especially since it works at GAP and Old Navy as well.

Cons

I had pretty low hours initially, but once I was there for a while they started to pick up. The problem is when you get too close to 40hrs a week without actually being full-time, they have to cut you back to avoid having to change you to full-time status (which would include benefits).

Other Reviews for Banana Republic

Brief, but pleasant

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for less than a year

Pros

i did not work at Banana Republic in pursuit of making it a career, but was pleased with the time i spent there.

Cons

I only worked at Banana Republic for 5 months, so I really did not have any complaints.

Really great job!!

Former Employee - Cashier/Customer Service Representative  in  Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Customer Service Representative in Skokie, IL

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, great people, great scheduling, very understanding co-workers and managers, great positive enviroment, great discount across entire brand, friendly customers, got a chance to make relationships with your customers

Cons

Not many cons, but the only one I can think of is there was one manager who would choose favorites. and some customers would not be very nice (but that would be at just about any where you work)

Treat everyone equally, and do not pick favorites. If your going to treat someone nicely all the time, then treat everyone nicely all the time. Don't make people feel left out. Do not give signals and cues to your 'favorite' employees to do certain things that you don't want someone else doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic.

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!