There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic

Under valued

Current Employee - Sales Support in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Sales Support in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

you get a good discount is you make enough money to buy something, coworkers are all pleasent to work with

Cons

opinions are not valued what so ever. the work hours are usually terrible and unless you show promise you probably will not get schedualed as much

Advice to Management

listen to your employees. organizing the back of the store is just as important as organizing the from. and think of a way to motivate your employees with ways other than a candy bar.

reviews filtered by

Fun co-workers, horrible bosses

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Banana Republic part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The employee discount was great and I enjoyed the day to day tasks of organizing the sales floor and helping customers. Banana Republic as a whole is a great company, this location, though, was not.

Cons

The managers pushed the Banana Cards way too much. The amount you made in sales did not matter for a day, if you did not sell a Banana Card. They also were horrible about scheduling shifts. I am a fulltime student and asked to work less than 20 hours a week. For two months they regularly scheduled me for 35 hours a week! I asked them repeatedly to stop, but eventually I just had to quit.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to worker needs!

Fun coworkers, great clothes, and excellent employee discount program.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tulalip, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tulalip, WA

I worked at Banana Republic part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The coworkers can be fun. Closing the store and staying later after close can be a lot of fun (also true for working a shipment in the morning.) The style of clothing is great, so is the quality. The employee discount is also very nice, especially since it works at GAP and Old Navy as well.

Cons

I had pretty low hours initially, but once I was there for a while they started to pick up. The problem is when you get too close to 40hrs a week without actually being full-time, they have to cut you back to avoid having to change you to full-time status (which would include benefits).

There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic