Great place to make friends & become sociable!

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for more than a year

Pros

I made a lot of friends while working here. As long as your productive and work with fellow employees and leaders who are just as hard working you will enjoy working for BR.

Cons

Management does not care about employee needs and concerns and workers start to feel unappreciated.

Don't think of the employees as numbers and show recognition where its due.

Other Reviews for Banana Republic

Under valued

Current Employee - Sales Support  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

you get a good discount is you make enough money to buy something, coworkers are all pleasent to work with

Cons

opinions are not valued what so ever. the work hours are usually terrible and unless you show promise you probably will not get schedualed as much

listen to your employees. organizing the back of the store is just as important as organizing the from. and think of a way to motivate your employees with ways other than a candy bar.

Horrible management, low wages, high pressure

Former Employee - Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal in Chicago, IL

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for less than a year

Pros

The camaraderie amongst the dissatisfied employees.
    50% merchandise (although minimum wages made it virtually impossible to ever be able to purchase the merchandise...).
    Understanding that I was balancing school & work...was able to work my schedule around my classes with ease.

Cons

Literally every SINGLE shift manager was a nightmare. They were never satisfied and would constantly give negative feedback on performance. I don't think I was ever given a positive critique. There was a lot of favoritism and those working in my position were highly disregarded as human beings.
    The badgering about Banana cards was relentless! My hours were cut for two weeks because I was 1 Banana card short of meeting my quota.

Have respect for each and every person! Whether they're a lead cashier or a sales assistant, in the back folding sweaters to put back on the floor....give all employees equal respect!
    And perk up management, life isn't that terrible!!

There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic.

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!