Not fun.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

50% discount on purchases, participation in monthly bonus for every team member in the store (excluding managers) can have a flexible schedule which is good while attending school.

Cons

Weekend working schedules. Opportunity to advance is limited and not really promoted. Low starting base pay and annual raises are small ( between .12c and .25c per hour) annual review process is not very meaningful - such going through the motions , very cookie cutter, no career development plans.

Other Employee Reviews for Banana Republic

1. Sales/ Stockroom Associate

Current Employee - Sales Support in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employee discount is quite good and did meet some other personable down to earth employees.

Cons

The work environment was very strict, didn't seem to have a lot FUN while I was working. A lot of the shift managers always seemed to give me negative feedback and never would really complement me in anyway on the work that I had done a good job on. There are way to strict deadlines to get things accomplished.

Advice to Management

Give equal respect to all employees, that seems to be a common theme among other disgruntled employees who are writing reviews. Listen to employees and value their opinions. Shift managers have to be chosen a bit better, I'm certainly not one to badmouth people but a lot of them had some serious attitude and it was at times very unbearable to work with them.

2. Depends on your location, but I had great managers and a really good experience.

Former Employee - Sales Support in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Banana Republic part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a decent amount of hours, learn some great customer service skills and meet some pretty cool people.

Cons

There is a real focus on selling the credit card. It can be frustrating at times.