Sales/ Stockroom Associate

Current Employee - Sales Support in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Sales Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employee discount is quite good and did meet some other personable down to earth employees.

Cons

The work environment was very strict, didn't seem to have a lot FUN while I was working. A lot of the shift managers always seemed to give me negative feedback and never would really complement me in anyway on the work that I had done a good job on. There are way to strict deadlines to get things accomplished.

Advice to Management

Give equal respect to all employees, that seems to be a common theme among other disgruntled employees who are writing reviews. Listen to employees and value their opinions. Shift managers have to be chosen a bit better, I'm certainly not one to badmouth people but a lot of them had some serious attitude and it was at times very unbearable to work with them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Options but mostly pigeon-holed.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Banana Republic part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount is nice and preview of all sales before the occur. Clientele is a step above most which makes it more pleasant to help them. Flexible hours due to a larger number of employees

Cons

High pressure environment, often not recognized for out of the box thinking or extra effort. Very high turnover on employees Scheduling can often be last minute and lack of a more defined work schedule 2-3 weeks out makes planning outside of work more difficult.

2. Great College Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Banana Republic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful discount and working with great people, especially the leadership team. Easy product to sell because it is well made and fashionable.

Cons

Same as any other retail job: inconsistent hours, low pay, and working on or around holidays. No commission for clothes sales, sadly, but small amount for credit cards sold.

Advice to Management

None, an enjoyment to work with.