There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic

Not as professional as I thought it would be

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Brentwood, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brentwood, CA

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for less than a year

Pros

When we had actual customers, they were fun to work with and help dress. I enjoyed being around my other sales associates and working as a cashier.

Cons

Managers were very disorganized and unhelpful. They would spend most of their time in the back and whenever a customer want to speak to one of them, it would take them forever to actual come out to speak to them.

They need to hire new managers. The ones at that location aren't there because they want to and you can really tell.

823 Other Employee Reviews for Banana Republic (View Most Recent)

Part time job

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good discount across all brands. Good mix of people, can make friends for life.

Cons

Opening credit cards is all they care about. Have to get 5/month to get hours. Trained customers to only shop with a coupon, thus bringing in a totally new customer base with no taste or manners or money.

Spell check is available on every software, run before the stuff is made/printed and hits the stores to notice a mistake.

Too much focus on Banana Cards

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than a year

Pros

The managers for all Gap Inc. Companies are trained to be polite to their employees. The discount is GREAT!

Cons

Mangers start going wayyyyyy over board on the focus of Banana Republic credit cards. They get paid more when the store gets more. They begin to cut your hours if you are not reaching your "goal." It takes away the focus of selling and instead they want you to be a pest!
    Also during the summer months, when customer volume is low, you get a pitiful amount of hours

There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!