Banana Republic
www.bananarepublic.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Good people, Great Product, minor management issues.

ProsCan be fun and interesting. There are some great opportunities to learn and grow within the company. You meet some interesting clients (shoppers).

ConsIt is not always the most qualified and capable individuals who get promoted into management. There needs to be more work done in a) hiring managers who are dedicated to the job and take pride in their work and/or b) promoting from within with an emphasis on capability.

Advice to Senior Managementsee above

A good company with a good name.

Visual Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Gap Inc. Is a great company that gives time and money to charity. the… Cons: They just don't pay enough, thought they pay what most… More

a mess

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time

Pros: Good discount at BR, GAP, and Old Navy. Cons: Like working with children. Lots of in-fighting, cliques, favoritism, and… Advice to Senior Management: Be professional. Value the employees that go above and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Banana Republic.

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banana Republic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Banana Republic CEO Jack Calhoun. All reviews posted anonymously by Banana Republic employees.