Banana Republic
www.bananarepublic.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Good working environment and pleasant co-workers.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsThe management was upbeat and helpful with questions. Very positive environment working environment. Employees receive a 50% store discount- helpful with Banana Republic prices.

ConsThey really emphasize that you push the Banana Republic credit card on customers. I did not enjoy this aspect of selling as most customers (rightly) were not interested in another credit card but management would scold if you did not make a borderline annoying attempt to get the customer to sign up.

Depends on who your GM is

I have been working at Banana Republic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Gained experience at merchandising, employee discount is okay Cons: Depending on your GM you could be working for someone… Advice to Senior Management: Quit playing politics and hire an actual TALENT. Also, DMs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I'm never going back.

Sales Support (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Banana Republic part-time for less than a year

Pros: You learn to work in a fast-pace environment. You learn the value of… Cons: The managers played favorites for who sold the most Banana cards. Selling their credit card and how centered selling the card was Horrible hours if you have… Advice to Senior Management: Value all your sales associates. Teach them how to do their jobs better instead of sticking… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Banana Republic.

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banana Republic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Banana Republic CEO Jack Calhoun. All reviews posted anonymously by Banana Republic employees.