Banana Republic

There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic

Sales Support Associate

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Banana Republic part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun environment, understanding and helpful managers, training was extremely helpful and efficient, and discount was generous

Cons

Selling banana cards was extremely difficult and the quota we had to accomplish was unreasonable as a floor associate. Much easier for cashiers to sell cards and they got credit for it more than the sales associates

Management sometimes were too focused on themselves and could be unreasonable at times. I understand there are goals for the store, but it made for an uncomfortable work environment.

897 Other Employee Reviews for Banana Republic (View Most Recent)

Team atmosphere, great opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Customer Experience Lead
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Lead

I have been working at Banana Republic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I highly recommend working at Banana Republic to anyone who is passionate about versatile, trendy and timeless style. There are lots of opportunities to grow within the Gap family of brands - even relocation abroad - if that strikes your fancy. Certain levels of management will gladly help you get to where you want to be career-wise. And all you literally have to do is ask.

Cons

The pay is a little bit on the low end to start, but that is expected for entry level positions. Though it is certainly not the lowest I have ever received from a retailer. Not by a long shot. Employee discount is OK, though most items fall a little high in price even after it's applied. The company should probably consider increasing the discount to offset the markups that have inevitably occurred over the years - and keep things fair for the employees.

Keep up the good work! You know what it takes to keep your talent and help them succeed - if that's what they want. Consider giving quarterly bonuses, increased discounts, or other incentives to ALL levels of store management (even your leads).

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Banana Republic part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice work environment, OK job culture

Cons

Managers focused on credit cards and not sales sometimes.

There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic