Banana Republic

www.bananarepublic.com

It was fun for a year.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsYou can learn a lot about retail in 6 months if you are observant and gain responsibility quickly.

Good discount, although it is not much different than the general publics discounts on a regular/weekly basis.

ConsManagers forgot to order medium sized shopping bags and sent a part-time employee with a folding cart to walk 6 hilly San Francisco blocks to pick them up from another BR close by. They did not offer to pay for a $5 taxi ride back (let alone there..) They said to pick up 5 boxes (which weighed 30-40 pounds each).

This company likes to promote within, which is a good thing, but they will also give you more responsibility without more pay. After a years worth of learning and probably qualified enough to become a low-level manager, new hires continued to be hired on with higher pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on better management and aligning responsibility with pay scales--especially when an employee had asked multiple times and had been blown off. At least have an open conversation and follow up with employees. Do not send employees to fix managerial mistakes! It was fun at first, but that is why your employee turn over is so high.

Great company to work for if your going to school.

Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for less than a year

Pros: Managers are positive and willing to work around your schedule. People you work with seem to uphold the gap code which is treating each other… Cons: Great job but making minimum wage hardly can get you by in life, if your wages payed more competitively and allowed for raises it would… Advice to Senior Management: Raise your workers pay and your workers will reward you since it already is a great place to work. If you give your workers a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you have a passion for clothes, it is a lot of fun.

Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time for more than a year

Pros: I had a lot of fun, and it's a very laid back work… Cons: The pay is terrible. Also the training is not sufficient, you are expected to know everything within a week. Also there is… Advice to Senior Management: The pay is ridiculous. A 13 cent raise once a year? Also the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Banana Republic.

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!