Banc of America Securities

www.bofasecurities.com

Banc of America Securities

Investment Banking Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsThe Leveraged Finance group provided me with a rigorous and challenging experience. I learned a lot, and made some very good friends (at the analyst and at the associate level). Coming out of the analyst program, I had a solid fundamental understanding of finance and the debt side of the capital markets.

ConsCompared to friends at Morgan Stanley, Wachovia, etc., I had to be VERY secretive when I was exploring new jobs in private equity. My friends at the aforementioned firms did not - in fact, their firms offered WORKSHOPS for PE interviews (including question answering, model workshops, case study workshops, etc.). We had no such thing, and on top of that I felt like I had to be ridiculous shady about interviewing for fear of getting fired (we were mid layoffs). In the end, I however, I could confide in colleagues with whom I was close and it all worked out, but it was pretty disconcerting to have to be so secretive.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clearer with employees about plans for the future and changes happening to the group. Also, the review process was flawed - my comments wouldn't necessarily match my "score," and it was absurd when my friends and I would compare our reviews; it was like they literally just changed the name on the review.

Bank of America Securities LLC/Merrill Lynch

Trader (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Banc of America Securities full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent derivatives platform and brokerage arm. Cons: Purchase and consolidation with Merrill Lynch. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Secretive, closed-door management style

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Banc of America Securities full-time for more than a year

Pros: *Salary and benefit package was generous,better than most other local employers. *Plenty of growth opportunity should be available… Cons: *Secretive, closed-door management style, apparently from the top down *Management team was aloof, usually… Advice to Senior Management: Share more with your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Banc of America Securities.

Worked for Banc of America Securities? Contribute to the Community!