www.bofasecurities.com
There are newer employer reviews for Banc of America Securities

Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst
Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst

I worked at Banc of America Securities

Pros

The Leveraged Finance group provided me with a rigorous and challenging experience. I learned a lot, and made some very good friends (at the analyst and at the associate level). Coming out of the analyst program, I had a solid fundamental understanding of finance and the debt side of the capital markets.

Cons

Compared to friends at Morgan Stanley, Wachovia, etc., I had to be VERY secretive when I was exploring new jobs in private equity. My friends at the aforementioned firms did not - in fact, their firms offered WORKSHOPS for PE interviews (including question answering, model workshops, case study workshops, etc.). We had no such thing, and on top of that I felt like I had to be ridiculous shady about interviewing for fear of getting fired (we were mid layoffs). In the end, I however, I could confide in colleagues with whom I was close and it all worked out, but it was pretty disconcerting to have to be so secretive.

Be clearer with employees about plans for the future and changes happening to the group. Also, the review process was flawed - my comments wouldn't necessarily match my "score," and it was absurd when my friends and I would compare our reviews; it was like they literally just changed the name on the review.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Banc of America Securities (View Most Recent)

Bank of America Securities LLC/Merrill Lynch

Former Employee - Trader in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Trader in New York, NY

I worked at Banc of America Securities full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent derivatives platform and brokerage arm.

Cons

Purchase and consolidation with Merrill Lynch.

Investment Banking Associate

Former Employee - Investment Banking Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Banc of America Securities full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong dealflow, learning in a fast paced environment, time sensitive deliverables and large number of responsibilities

Cons

Company culture not structured, unprofessional time management by seniors and large time lags between supervision and checking of material.

Foster an organic culture at the bank opposed to developing pockets of differing cultures all over the bank

There are newer employer reviews for Banc of America Securities