Banc of America Securities
www.bofasecurities.com Charlotte, NC 1 to 5 Employees

It was a good entry level position after college, but glad I've moved on.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe team leaders were strong and supportive. And the comradeship between the analysts and associates was incredible. Also, I think we had one of the best Quantitative Support teams in the business.

ConsBeyond the individual team leadership, there was practically none. No clear direction for the company or the business units. Senior executives were absent. The company handled the merger with Merrill Lynch incredibly poorly. I still understand there is animosity between the two loyalties.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to develop more of a horizontal structure. It's important for the young people (and old people) to see they have support from management and understand the goals of the company.

Banc of America Securities

Investment Banking Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Banc of America Securities

Pros: The Leveraged Finance group provided me with a rigorous and challenging experience. I learned a lot, and made some very good friends (at the… Cons: Compared to friends at Morgan Stanley, Wachovia, etc., I had to be VERY secretive when I was exploring new jobs in private equity. My… Advice to Senior Management: Be clearer with employees about plans for the future and changes happening to the group. Also, the review process was flawed - my comments… More

Bank of America Securities LLC/Merrill Lynch

Trader (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Banc of America Securities full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent derivatives platform and brokerage arm. Cons: Purchase and consolidation with Merrill Lynch. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Banc of America Securities.

Worked for Banc of America Securities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banc of America Securities reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Banc of America Securities CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All reviews posted anonymously by Banc of America Securities employees.