There are newer employer reviews for BancTec

Field Service Organization is Top Notch but short sighted management

Former Employee - District Field Service Manager  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - District Field Service Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at BancTec full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Personnel in field service organization has always been like family. Always personable and willing to help team members.

Cons

Unfortunately upper management has lost it's commitment to the field service organization. Basically no investment in field service and it has become a cash source for the BPO organization.

Either invest in the future of service or sell to an organization that can utilize the talents for growth of their organization.

32 Other Employee Reviews for BancTec (View Most Recent)

Needs to get more business

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at BancTec

Pros

Ok benefits, ok salary, ok responsibility

Cons

Losing business and market share

Do a better job selling your product

Can't Hold onto Business and Can't Adapt to Changing Market

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at BancTec

Pros

Pay---Can't complain about compensation. Base Pay rate was reasonable but management was constantly screaming about overtime..something you need to live with when writing 7X24 contracts.

Benefits---Company provides standard bebefits but is charging more and more for less and less.

Cons

Respect----This company has ZERO respect for their employees. They are treated like a necessary evil that the company would love to get rid of at the frist opportunity. We were supposed to be in the business od solving problems...but when a problem arose, instead of figuring out what to do about it, the company gets upset and starts looking for someone to blame. Machine stats were submitted to management daily...This stats system was originally implemented as a diagnostic tool. But they have tried to turn it into a marketing tool and want to know why there is any decline and a detailed report on why it happened and what will be done.

Job Security----There is none. Upper management has no confidence in being able to secure business. They loose what they have through incompetence. They finally resorted to insisting the field people provide sales leads. I thought that's why we had a sales department.

Work/Life Balance----What balance? They run a skeleton crew..(if you are lucky) and there is no backup. You are constantly on call will be chastised if you are unavailable for any reason.

Career Potential/growth-----Zero. Especially in the Field services. All areas are being cut drastically to the point of being unable to do the job.

Location-----Was able to spend most of my time in my home area with only a small amout of out of town travel. But management forbid travel of any kind and even looked hard at local travel to assigned areas.

Co-Worker competence----For the most part I must say that my co-workers were VERY competent. They knwe what they were doing and deserved far more than the constant browbeating given by management.

Work Environment---In a word...Horrible. Management didn't know and didn't care what was going on in the field unless there was a complaint. Then instead of supporting the employee...they would leave him/her twisting in the wind. Pricing structure of products was such that making money was almost impossible and they refused to raise rates instead constantly cutting parts and people. They passed on legit billing opportunities for fear of angering the customer. And regional manager constantly OK'd free moves and installs. Something IBM would never do.

Treat your employess with the respect they dseseve and please price your product so you can make a reasonable profit without having to cut corners.

There are newer employer reviews for BancTec

Worked for BancTec? Contribute to the Community!