BancVue

www.bancvue.com
  www.bancvue.com
There are newer employer reviews for BancVue

Great experience, iffy leadership

I have been working at BancVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, I enjoyed my experience at BancVue. I had the opportunity to work on a lot of different things and was involved in some high-level conversations. I got the opportunity to lead cross-functional teams that have major implications on the business. From a pure resume building standpoint, there hasn't been a job better for me.

Also, the majority of people are fantastic. I made life long friends and people that I'm willing to help out in case they need a change of pace or move.

The company is located in Austin, TX...there aren't too many cities better.

For the most part, there is OK work-life balance. There is also free meals once a month and snacks all the time. Lots of killer activities to do that are sponsored by BancVue. (Dog walk, lots of food drives and donations to charity) Company has an unlimited PTO, which to me, is incredibly smart...gives lots of flexibility and doesn't have to pay out for vacation days.

Product is a solid product that gives great results. Great mission. Easy to get behind a company like that.

Cons

Scarce resources. People kept leaving and no one was filling these spots. The software engineering department looked like a deadzone when I left. Very tough to get anything done. Made life incredibly frustrating and led to a lot of heated arguments. Way too many "thinkers" and "planners" and not enough "doers"

There was not a lot of inter-department communication. Teams didn't speak with each other and worked in a silo so there were more heated conversations when one team did something one way and the other team wanted it done the other way or expected the other way or was not brought into the conversation (especially the client facing teams who needed to know stuff, but often times was out of the loop)

As others have stated before, a select few people who have strong relationships with the C-levels have really ruined the experience. They don't listen and will throw you under the bus, but then take all of your credit. Also, some people get a short leash while others get 5, 6, 7 chances, or more.

Too many delays and management spends too much time apologizing instead of finding a solution and fixing it.

New flagship product is about 4 years behind schedule. Incredibly unacceptable. Is directly related to the resource problem mentioned above.

Need new products and quickly. Consumer banking is solid but lots of competitors coming out. Need new differentiating products and while they're in the works, they needed to be out last year.

The guys and gals in the weeds know the operations of the company inside and outside. Give them an environment where they can share feedback without being chastised. It's easy to say one thing, but actions speak louder than words.

57 Other Employee Reviews for BancVue (View Most Recent)

Quickly growing start-up with great potential

I have been working at BancVue (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, constantly evolving, open door policies, paid gym membership, great colleagues, and management that listens.

Cons

The company is still finding its footing, but that's to be expected. There is still some room for improvement in managing work/life balance, but I'm confident it's top-of-mind amongst management.

Noble Mission - But Unsuccessful - Thanks to a Few at the Top

I have been working at BancVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, hard working teams who BELIEVE. They love this company and clients until they see first hand how The Patch and actually being competent at your job applies to most employees but not all executives and their fiancees.

Cons

A few at the top who are either friends or engaged to friends of the CEO or came from the CEO's former company will destroy this company. It's very sad to watch. They manage UP well (kudos, I guess) and neglect or destroy those below. Even with executive coaches, IT'S NOT WORKING!

Executive Team, stop posting positive reviews here, and start watching and listening to your employees who have reported countless patterns of poor behavior from the few mentioned above. It is not a coincidence nor should the proof of their bad behavior be on the shoulders of the people who tell you about it. PLEASE fix this so these people don't bring the company we all love, down.

There are newer employer reviews for BancVue